Tuesday 29 March 2011

Save 5

I met T Sandeman-Charles at Royston Business Network last week.  She is a lovely, cheerful, passionate woman who wants to save 50,000 lives.  T has two serious lung diseases and will soon need a lung transplant but she knows that there are a limited number of suitable donors.  T says that she will die smiling if she is able to recruit 10,000 organ donors who could then save or benefit 50,000 lives.
“As to how I feel about having these 2 diseases now.  Well in truth I now know why I have these 2 diseases.  It is because if I didn’t, Save5 would never exist and the fact that I will, with the help of others registering online, mean that we could save or transform a minimum of 5,000 lives – I’ve come to terms with having the diseases now – no matter what the outcome is for me. “
Another member of RBN said that she has a friend who is waiting for a transplant.  It raised the spirits of the whole family when the hospital contacted them to say that they might have a suitable organ.  A bit of hope can really improve the outcome for someone in this situation.
So if you haven’t yet registered to be an organ donor visit www.save5.org.ok and ”Join and Be Proud”.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment